We are looking for a US-based VP of Sales to build and grow Risilience’s sales efforts across the Americas. The ideal candidate has a successful track record in enterprise technology sales, developing new relationships with Tier-1 multinational companies, preferably within a fast-growing SaaS company. They will also have experience developing relationships with Chief Financial Officers, Chief Sustainability Officers, Chief Risk Officers, Climate Change Officers/Environmental Policy Officers and other C-suite executives within multinational companies.
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, this role will be part of the sales leadership team with responsibility for selling new subscriptions of our Climate Resilience Analytics Platform, as well as our Enterprise Risk Solutions. As a player/coach you will:
• Meet established sales targets, while developing and enhancing strong relationships with clients, prospects, partners, industry leaders, and other external stakeholders
• Manage the full sales lifecycle from lead generation through qualification, presentation, proposal, negotiation, and contracting.
• Build and execute on robust accounts plans for target organizations including the ongoing relationship management of existing customers
• Develop and maintain a pipeline of potential clients through a consultative, solutions-based approach to selling
• Lead the development and submission of all proposals (RFIs, RFPs) in the region
• Recruit and hire sales staff, develop training programs, and coach junior sales colleagues. Motivate and lead sales team in the Americas to achieve their goals.
• Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s overall planning & operations related efforts
• Suggest improvements to existing sales processes and activities and help in their implementation to ensure continuous improvement in sales effectiveness - sales competencies, productivity metrics, quota planning, departmental communications, etc.
• Work with the CRO to set annual and quarterly sales goals, and provide current forecasts and regular pipeline information to senior management
• Work closely with Risilience’s marketing department to coordinate lead generation activities and pipeline development
• Develop strong relationships with product, research, and other colleagues across the organization to leverage their expertise throughout the sales cycle
• Represent the company at industry and company-sponsored events
• Position requires travel (domestic and international)
• Extensive sales experience within technology-based businesses; preferably SaaS and enterprise sales to large multi-national corporations
• Experience developing relationships with C-suite executives within multinational companies.
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree is required, preferably in Sustainability, Finance, Economics, or other similar area
• Solid strategic planning skills combined with exceptional execution capabilities
• Consistent track record of achieving sales targets
• Ability to influence key decision makers during the full life cycle of the sale; ability to sell using a needs/solutions-based approach
• Excellent people and stakeholder management skills, including proven ability to navigate a global and matrixed organization
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as outstanding client relationship management experience
• Mastery of Salesforce (or equivalent) for account planning, reporting, forecasting, territory management and tracking and achievement of sales targets.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills, with strong ability to drive towards action and impact. Collaborative mindset with leadership capabilities and the ability to influence.
• Strong passion and commitment for attracting and developing talent
• High-energy and self-driven with curiosity, flexibility, and a creative approach to situations
• Ability to multi-task and meet short deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and within a global team environment
• Understanding of climate change and/or risk analysis within our target markets – large and/or multi-national corporations, financial institutions, and governmental organizations.
• Existing network of relevant contacts
Diversity and inclusion
Risilience is committed to a proactive approach to equality, which supports and encourages all under-represented groups, promotes an inclusive culture and values diversity. Entry into employment is determined by personal merit and by the application of criteria required for the post. No applicant for an appointment or member of staff will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of sex (including gender reassignment), marital or parental status, race, ethnic or national origin, colour, disability (including HIV status), sexual orientation, religion, age or socio-economic factors.
Information if you have a disability
Risilience welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and is committed to ensuring fair treatment throughout the recruitment process. Adjustments will be made, wherever reasonable to do so, to enable applicants to compete to the best of their ability and, if successful, to assist them during their employment. We encourage applicants to declare their disabilities in order that any special arrangements, particularly for the selection process, can be accommodated. Applicants or employees can declare a disability at any time.
Right to work
You must have full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.