We are looking for a UX/UI designer to enhance our climate analytics and risk assessment platform. In this role you’ll work alongside our team of data scientists, software engineers and product managers to drive the overall design of our analytics platform. The role is an opportunity to shape our design philosophy and lead development of new UX workflows and UI design systems. You will have the opportunity to help bring to life complex analytics to support companies as they transition towards net zero.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product management, modellers and software engineering
- Perform research analysis to build personas and understand user/task flows
- Develop UI mock-ups and high fidelity prototypes to clearly illustrate how components function and display in active/ inactive states
- Support UI layout and data visualisation optimisation working with subject matter experts
- Prepare and present designs to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Ensure brand guidelines are adopted to harmonise look and feel
- Demonstrable experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Strong portfolio with data visualisation examples
- Team player with good communication and collaboration skills
- Good time-management skills
- Inquisitive and creative mindset – willing to learn new concepts
- Experience with mapping and geospatial data sets
- Domain knowledge in climate / natural capital / risk modelling
- User research including development of personas and mapping pain points
Diversity and Inclusion
Risilience is committed to a proactive approach to equality, which supports and encourages all under-represented groups, promotes an inclusive culture and values diversity. Entry into employment is determined by personal merit and by the application of criteria required for the post. No applicant for an appointment or member of staff will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of sex (including gender reassignment), marital or parental status, race, ethnic or national origin, colour, disability (including HIV status), sexual orientation, religion, age or socio-economic factors.
Information if you have a Disability
Risilience welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and is committed to ensuring fair treatment throughout the recruitment process. Adjustments will be made, wherever reasonable to do so, to enable applicants to compete to the best of their ability and, if successful, to assist them during their employment.
We encourage applicants to declare their disabilities in order that any special arrangements, particularly for the selection process, can be accommodated. Applicants or employees can declare a disability at any time.
Right to work
You must have full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.